Tau 2 640 30Hz - Performance Grade
Tau® 2 thermal imaging cameras offer an unmatched set of features, making them well-suited for demanding applications like Unmanned Airborne Vehicles (UAVs), thermal sights, and handheld imagers. Improved electronics provide powerful image processing modes that dramatically improve detail and contrast. Its options include full radiometry, increased sensitivity (<30mK), and 640/30Hz frame rates. Since the Tau 2 640 and 336 configurations share electrical functions, common integrations can be designed that work seamlessly with both formats.
The World's Most Popular Thermal Camera Core
LOADED WITH FEATURES; READY FOR MORE
Advanced electronics and image processing give Tau an unprecedented feature set, and make it ready for your next big idea.
POWERFUL IMAGING PROVIDES EXPANDED CAPABILITY
Tau 2's expanded capability ensures accurate temperature measurement for radiometry, analytics and telemetry.
INFORMATION-BASED HISTOGRAM EQUALIZATION (HEQ)
HEQ automatically adjusts image contrast to let you see what matters most in a scene, and give you the image detail that makes a difference.
|Factory Optimized Video|
|Scene Range [high gain]|
|-25°C to +100°C|
|Scene Range [low gain]|
|-40°C to +550°C|
|Sealable Bulkhead Mounting Feature|
|Size (w/o lens)|
|1.75" x 1.75" x 1.18"/ 1.5" x 1.5" x 1.18" (Compact and Shutterless)|
|7.5 - 13.5 µm|
|Temperatures measured in central 4×4|
|Uncooled VOx Microbolometer|
|Precision Mounting Holes [M2x0.4] on 3 sides [2 per side]|
|Discrete I/O Controls Available|
|Yes (10-camera minimum)|
|Dynamic Range Switching|
|External Sync Input/Output|
|Flat-Field Correction (FFC) Duration|
|Primary Electrical Connector|
|RS-232 Compatible Communication|
|57,600 & 921,600 baud|
|Settable Splash Screens|
|Yes (10-camera minimum)|
|User Configurability via SDK & GUI|
|5% - 95% non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range|
|-40°C to +80°C (Industrial & Performance) -20°C to +65°C (Commercial)|
|200g shock pulse w/ 11 msec sawtooth|
|4.3g three axis, 8 hr each|
Imaging and Optical
IMAGING & OPTICAL
|Analog Video Display Format|
|640 × 480 (NTSC)|
|CMOS (14-bit or 8-bit)|
|Color and Monochrome Palettes (LUTs)|
|Digital Detail Enhancement|
|FPA - Digital Video Display Format|
|336 x 256|
|Lensed & Lensless Configurations Available|
|LVDS (14-bit or 8-bit)|
|NTSC/PAL (field switchable)|
|Polarity Control [black hot & white hot]|
|Slow Video Option [factory configured]|
|Yes, single-pixel resolution (256 gray and 256 color)|
|Time to Image|
|Invert/Revert (analog and 8-bit digital)|
|Camera Link (Expansion Bus Accessory Module)|
|Continuous Digital Zoom|
|Input Supply Voltage|
|4.0 - 6.0 VDC|
|Power Dissipation [steady state]|
|approx. 1.0 W|
|Power Reduction Switch [disables analog video]|
|Improved accuracy, moveable spot meter, image metric data, T-Linear (digital output) AR requires a separate calibration that must be performed during camera manufacture. The AR capability is captured in the camera part number. An additional fee is charged for this feature.|
- Your Tau may look different than pictured.
- All international customers that are ordering any Thermal Imaging Camera will be required to fill out an End Use Statement document before shipment. Once you place your order we will send you an email with the documents.
- All US orders will get 30Hz cameras unless you contact us (email@example.com)
- We can only ship 30 Hz cameras to certain other countries (listed below) but it will require some additional documents before shipment.
- The authorized export, reexport and transfer countries for 30Hz cameras are: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom.
Approximately 4 Weeks from when your order is placed. Your whole order will ship together.