Radiometric FLIR Boson 640
Radiometric FLIR Boson 640
Boson Radiometric Cameras Bring Absolute Temperature Measurement Capabilities for Quantitative Assessment and Analysis Across Commercial and Industrial Uses
The Boson® camera core represents the best in FLIR high-performance uncooled thermal imaging technology within a small, lightweight, and low-power package, and now FLIR partners and customers will have the option to purchase radiometric versions that can capture the temperature data of every pixel in the scene.
The new Boson radiometric camera core comes in two versions, 640 x 512 or 320 x 256 resolutions with multiple lens configurations and the ability to capture temperature data for quantitative assessment. The camera core is meant for use in systems across a variety of applications including firefighting, surveillance, security, unmanned systems, industrial inspection, and fixed-asset monitoring.
Assessing Temperature Accuracy with FLIR “Spot Meter Accuracy”
Featuring radiometric accuracy provides ±5 °C (±8 °F) or ±5% temperature measurement accuracy, the Boson Radiometric cameras include a Spot Meter Accuracy software feature that provides an assessment of how accurate a given temperature measurement appears in the scene. Available as telemetry data accessed through the Boson SDK or the Boson graphical user interface (GUI), this feature provides guidance across five confidence grades offering in-the-moment assessment to help improve temperature measurement confidence.
In addition, the Spot Meter Accuracy software feature gives operators the ability to account for dynamic ambient temperatures, along with the ability to configure measurements prior to operation, including adjusting emissivity and thermal gain settings. These functions are crucial for outdoor environments and the swift movements of unmanned aerial drones and automated ground vehicles. The software also offers inspection and assessment features, including spot meters and windows that pinpoint temperature measurement in the scene that the camera is focused on, and atmospheric correction capabilities during post-processing analysis.
40 Years of Thermal Imaging Expertise
The Boson family of thermal imaging cores are an important part of the 40 plus years of thermal imaging expertise that FLIR offers. As a result of this expertise, the Boson thermal imaging cores utilize a high sensitivity 12-micron pixel pitch detector that provides high-resolution thermal imaging in a small, low power, lightweight, and turnkey package.
All Boson cores feature FLIR infrared video processing architecture, noise reduction filters, and local-area contrast. The imaging processing capabilities accommodate industry-standard communication interfaces, including visible CMOS and USB.
- FLIR Boson 320/640 Data Sheet rev 340
- FLIR Boson GUI Quickstart Application Note rev 112
- FLIR Boson INU Application Note rev 1.3
- Boson Lens Calibration Application Note rev 1.1
- FLIR Boson Camera Adjustments rev 221
- FLIR Boson External Sync Application Note rev 200
- FLIR Boson SDK - Limited to those who purchased a Boson from GroupGets. Contact Us
- FLIR Boson Software IDD <9Hz - Limited to those who purchased a Boson from GroupGets. Contact Us
- FLIR Boson GUI Software for Windows Computers with x64 bit drivers Compatible with radiometric Boson - v3.0.0
- Boson Focal Length/Field of View Calculator
- GroupGets GetThermal GUI for macOS and Linux
- FLIR's Boson Product Page
- Boson Development Board Application Note rev 200
- FLIR Boson 640 and 320 CAD Files
- Your Boson may look different than pictured.
- All international customers that are ordering any Thermal Imaging Camera will be required to fill out an End Use Statement document before shipment. Once you place your order we will send you an email with the documents.
- All US orders will get 60Hz cameras unless you contact us (email@example.com)
- We can ship 60 Hz cameras to certain other countries (listed below) but it will require some additional documents before shipment. All other international orders will receive a 9Hz camera.
- The authorized export, reexport and transfer countries for 60Hz cameras are: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom.
Approximately 5 Weeks from when your order is placed for < 10 units (if greater than 10 email us for the most accurate lead time). Your whole order will ship together.