FLIR ADK - Thermal Vision Automotive Development Kit
The FLIR ADK™ is a cost-effective way to develop the next generation of automotive thermal vision for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicles (AV). Thermal infrared cameras are the best sensor technology for pedestrian detection, reliably classifying people in cluttered environments and giving analytics the critical information needed for automated decision making. The ADK’s rugged, IP67 rated enclosure incorporates a heated window for all-weather driving. With the GMSL and USB interfaces, installation is plug-and-play easy.
Choose GMSL1 variant if you will use the ADK with a Ethernet BoB
Thermal Vision for Autonomous Vehicle Applications
See Clearly, Even in Challenging Lighting Conditions
Thermal sensors create images from heat, not light, so they can detect pedestrians and oncoming vehicles regardless of lighting conditions.
Next-Generation Thermal Vision is Plug-and-Play Easy
Start collecting thermal data in minutes.
Simple Interface Ports Data Directly into Analytics
Easy set-up, operation, and integration.
Pixel Pitch: 12 µm
Spectral Band: 8-14 microns (LWIR)
Thermal Sensitivity: < 50 mK
Weight: ~100 gm (3.5 oz)
Camera Interface Options: USB, GMSL, Ethernet and FPD-link
Data Format: Software-selectable: 16-bit TIFF (raw sensor format) or compressed 8-bit
Environmental Protection: IP67
Environmental & Approvals
Operating Temperature: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
Shock: 1,500 G @ 0.4 msec
Imaging & Optical
Array format: 640 × 512
Frame Rate: Full Frame (30 & 60 Hz selectable), 9 Hz optional
Sensor Technology: Boson™ – Uncooled VOx microbolometer
Solar protection: Yes (sun will not damage sensor)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 35 × 40 × 47 mm (1.38 × 1.57 × 1.8 in)
Power Consumption: 1 W (without heater); ~4 W average and 12 W maximum (with heater)
Power Requirements: Camera: 5 VDC (USB2) or 24 VDC (GMSL); Window Heater: 12 VDC (USB2) or 24 VDC (GMSL)
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- GMSL driver for the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier running JetPack4.3
- Guide to Writing Drivers for GMSL or FPD-Link ADKs
- All US orders will get 60Hz cameras unless you contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We can ship 60 Hz cameras to certain other countries (see notes below) but it will require some additional documents before shipment. If you are in one of the countries below and would like a 60Hz camera email email@example.com. Otherwise all international orders will receive a 9Hz camera.
The authorized export, reexport and transfer countries for 60Hz cameras are: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lativa, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom.
- Important information for customers in Russia. Due to recent US regulations we are no longer able to ship FLIR thermal cameras to these countries/territories. Any orders containing these products from these countries will be canceled and refunded. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Your entire order will ship together.
Qty < 5 - 7 Weeks Estimated (Updated Jan 2022)
- Qty > 5 - Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the lead time. Please include the grade and lens of the cameras you need and the quantity.