A newer version of the Audiomoth is available: Audiomoth V1.2.0
The AudioMoth is a low-cost, full-spectrum acoustic logger, based on the Silicon Labs Gecko processor range. Just like its namesake, AudioMoth can listen for sound from audible frequencies, well into ultrasonic frequencies. It is capable of recording uncompressed audio to micro SD card at up to 384,000 samples per second.
- EFM32 Gecko processor
- Capable of recording at sample rates up to 384kHz
- Records uncompressed WAV files to microSD card
- Powered by 3 x AA batteries
- Analog MEMS microphone
- Analog pre-amplifier with adjustable gain
- Measures just 58 x 48 x 15 mm
- Weight without Batteries: 0.9 oz (22g) +/- 0.2 oz (6g)
- Configurable USB interface
- Onboard real-time clock keeps track of time in UTC
Note that all versions of AudioMoth firmware and apps are compatible with all hardware versions.
AudioMoth is an output from a research project at the University of Southampton and the University of Oxford to develop low-cost acoustic sensors for environmental and biodiversity monitoring. The hardware design, and all associated software, is open-source and freely available. Note that AudioMoth is a prototype research tool, and is not a commercial product. As such, it comes with no warranty or guarantee that it is fit for purpose.
1 x Audiomoth v1.1.0
1 x Micro USB Cable