Open Acoustic Devices
AudioMoth is a low-cost, full-spectrum acoustic logger, based on the Gecko processor range from Silicon Labs. Just like its namesake the moth, AudioMoth can listen at audible frequencies, well into ultrasonic frequencies. It is capable of recording uncompressed audio to microSD card at rates from 8,000 to 384,000 samples per second.
- EFM32 Gecko processor
- Capable of recording at sample rates up to 384kHz
- Records uncompressed WAV files to microSD card
- Powered by 3 x AA batteries
- Analog MEMS microphone
- Analog pre-amplifier with adjustable gain
- Measures just 58 x 48 x 15 mm
- Configurable USB interface
- Onboard real-time clock keeps track of time in UTC
- Exposed header for 3.5mm jack mic from version 1.2.0 onwards
Find all instructions, guides, and downloads on Open Acoustic Devices Website
The official AudioMoth IPX7 waterproof case from Open Acoustic Devices is designed specifically for AudioMoth version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0. It is effectively sealed using an easy-to-use clasp with compression o-ring. The acoustic path is protected from water-pooling with a neatly designed rain-hood and the microphone opening is waterproofed using a Porelle acoustic vent. The case is made from injection-molded polycarbonate and comes with an adjustable velcro strap, which makes securing AudioMoth simple and easy. The case is compact and highly resilient and will house AudioMoth for extended periods of time in a wide variety of environments.
- Waterproof to IPX7 (1 meter submersion for 1 hour with no leakage)
- Comes with a velcro strap for easy deployment on 3-6 cm diameter branches/poles.
- Rain-hood to prevent water-pooling around microphone
- Easy to use clasp for simple battery and MicroSD card changes
- Compatible with AudioMoth 1.0.0 and AudioMoth 1.1.0.
- The case requires 40 minutes for the air pressure to equalize after the clasp is sealed.
AudioMoth Kit Includes
1 x AudioMoth 1.2
1 x AudioMoth Terrestrial Case (Green)
1 x SanDisk Extreme® microSDHC™ UHS-I w/adapter- 64GB
1 x Micro USB Cable
AA Batteries are not included
Lead Time - This kit will ship on or before May 30th 2023