PureThermal 2 is a hackable thermal webcam for the FLIR Lepton (2.x - 3.x) LWIR camera core. It is the result of listening to our thousands of PureThermal 1 users and giving them what they want: four mounting holes, pads for optional EM shielding, less complex circuitry, and perhaps best of all, USB DFU. That's right, a JTAG breakout board will no longer be required to update PureThermal 2. This is a development kit ready to be embedded into a production system.
PT2 is an evolutionary design over PureThermal 1:
- STM32F412 ARM microprocessor. Execute on-board image processing without the need for an external system or SBC.
- USB UVC works on Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android.
- Open source reference firmware is on the GroupGets Github.
- Open source reference image viewer software for Linux and macOS.
- Powered by USB micro-B cable (included).
- Device Firmware Updates (DFU) over USB.
- Electromagnetic Shielding pads on top and bottom.
We've been quietly working on the design for awhile and rest assured, we stuck with the same STM32F4 MCU so yours and our existing firmware will easily port.
- PureThermal 2 Product page (more information about this board here)
- PureThermal Reference Firmware on GitHub
- Eclipse IDE and JTAG debugging setup
- PT2 STEP file
- GetThermal for x86 - Linux/macOS (open source)
- GetThermal for Raspberry Pi
- Multi PT1 Frame Grabber (beta, unofficial)
- All international customers that are ordering any Thermal Imaging Camera will be required to fill out an End Use Statement document before shipment. Once you place your order we will email you with the document within one business day.
- We can only ship this product to North America, Australia, and the European Union Countries. Any orders placed in a country other than those will be canceled and refunded. We are sorry for the inconvenience.