The new LoFive R1.1 features the SiFive FE310-G002 RISC-V MCU. This new G002 version of the FE310 adds an I2C port and a second UART over its predecessor, which makes it much easier to add sensor and peripheral interfaces. The PCB has been updated as well. It now has castellated edges in case you want to drop it on another board via SMT instead of through-hole. If the first LoFive was a little too "wild west" for you, LoFive R1 is a much friendlier introduction to the RISC-V ecosystem that seems to be growing in popularity on a daily basis.
Want to know more? Check out our Q&A with the LoFive designer on Hackster.io.
- MCU – SiFive Freedom E310 (FE310-G002) 32-bit RV32IMAC processor @ up to 320+ MHz (1.61 DMIPS/MHz)
- 16 KB RAM
- Storage - 128-Mbit SPI flash (ISSI IS25LP128)
- Expansion - 2x 14-pin headers with JTAG, GPIO, PWM, SPI, I2C, UART, 5V, 3.3V and GND
- Misc - 1x reset button, 16 MHz crystal
- Power Supply - 5V via pin 1 on header; Operating Voltage: 3.3 V and 1.8 V
- Dimensions - 38 x 18 mm (estimated)
- License - CERN Open Hardware License v1.2